Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seafood Fridays

Just wanted to share a couple of mouth-watering photos of our latest Seafood Friday. I told a friend yesterday that if I could choose my last meal, it would, no doubt, include crab legs. I get these about once a year, though the last time was a year and half ago. I remember because I was about 30 months pregnant at the beach in late August. I made Paul drive me a round to about 4 different restaurants before we found one that served crab legs and wasn't an all-you-can-eat-trough-I-mean-buffet. Yesterday I realized that they are not much more work to have at home than they are in a restaurant, given that most of the effort is put in at the table. They take about 5 mintues to steam, and they're done! I bought two pounds at Whole Foods, and it was more than enough for Paul, Charlie, and me. Judah didn't care for them, which is just as well. :) Anyway, I paid $7.99 per pound! Since they were so cheap, I also bought a half pound of already cooked shrimp cocktail (also on sale for $7.99 a pound), and served up our shellfish Red-Lobster-style with rice pilaf, steamed broccoli, and homemade garlic biscuits.
They were amazingly sweet, and oh my gosh, anything that you dip in melted butter, c'mon. My mouth is still watering . . .

The legs:
The biscuits:

2 comments:

  1. I actually think I used to like crab legs...or maybe that was stuffed crab. Anyway, you made it sound really good. :) I'm glad you're enjoying seafood Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to WF yesterday and was going to treat myself to some crab legs but they didn't have any in the display case. I should have asked the fish monger. I love the alaskan king crab legs- and as you know I'm obsessed with the crab fishermen in Alaska. we are going to the docks this weekend to scope out the fishermen and eat some crab!

    ReplyDelete