Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Learning all kinds of things!

So, I'm learning to blog as well as learning to sew. For my first sewing project, I decided to make reusable Christmas gift bags. I love the idea of reusable packaging. I think that wrapping paper, though potentially beautiful, is the biggest waste. We are doing our best in this household to conserve, and I thought it would be an easy enough experiment--sewing straight lines, right? So I found some really cute Christmas fabrics at a great deal and decided to get a head start on next year. Here are a few of the results.



Once I felt comfortable with my new Kenmore sewing machine that my wonderful husband gave me for my birthday, I decided to try something a little more challenging--curtains for the kids' room. Charlie helped me pick out the fabric, and they were done by the end of the day! What do you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment